The Gabion mats is a structure made of hexagonal double twisted wire mesh. Gabion mats are filled with stones at the project site to form flexible and permeable, monolithic structures such as river bank protection and channel linings for erosion control.
The Gabion mats is a structure made of hexagonal double twisted wire mesh.
Gabion mats are filled with stones at the project site to form flexible and
permeable, monolithic structures such as river bank protection and channel
linings for erosion control. The steel wire used to manufacture the mattress is
heavily zinc-coated soft temper steel. The standard combinations of mesh is
shown in Table. In order to reinforce the structure, all mesh panel edges are
selvedge with a wire having a greater diameter. Reno mattresses are divided into
uniformly partitioned cells by internal diaphragms.
Gabion Mats are used for permanent erosion control in channels, streambank, spillways and stable slopes from surficial erosion. The stone confinement within the units allows for higher shear stress resistance than the riprap.
The base is divided into compartments and filled with stones at the project site. With lids closed, gabion mats form flexible, permeable, monolithic structures. The 100 feet (30m) long units make its installation fast and economical.
Soil bioengineering techniques can be used to promote vegetation in the gabion mats to provide enhanced shear resistance.
Advantages of Dunqiang gabion mats:
· Gabion mats strength lies in their double twisted hexagonal mesh of steel wire which is reinforced by selvedges of heavier wire running along the edges.
· The base section is divided into compartments to restrict the movement of stone and strengthen the structure.
· The lid is supplied as a separate panel.
· The wire will not unravel even when cut.
· Assembly is easy, requiring no specialized labor and nearby rock is used for fill.
· Free drainage and 30-35% voids allow vegetation to grow.
Table of sizes for Reno mattresses: